To minimize health hazards and to help you maximize your personal safety and travel experiences, Student Health Services offers international travel consultations for a minimal fee. These consultations take about 1 and ½ hours and are available throughout the year, by appointment, to students, faculty, and staff.
- A travel consultation provides valuable, individualized information on recommended immunizations and tips on how to reduce your risk of injury or illness specific to the area you will be visiting.
- Student Health Services can also administer the recommended vaccines along with providing safety and disease avoiding tips relative to your itinerary.
Please schedule your initial pre-travel visit with SHS at least 8 weeks prior to your departure date.
- Several vaccines require sequential spacing of the doses in a series to provide the optimum level of immunity and protection.
- Others must be completed within a specific time span prior to travel, both for the traveler's protection and to fulfill legal requirements at ports of entry.
- Should you need several vaccines and/or a series, the personnel at SHS can set up a schedule for you that is convenient and which also meets the vaccine time-line requirements.
- If medications are needed (such as for malaria), several must be started prior to the departure date to provide the full therapeutic effect. Click here for more information on immunization.